AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY - AUTOMOTIVE
WETROPA-GROUP is your partner for efficient and sustainable packaging logistics. Whether packaging for painted, chrome-plated or scratch-sensitive components, inserts for small load carriers, large load carriers, special load carriers such as trays, CKD packaging or packaging for charging stations & batteries. Our know-how is based on 50 years of experience in the industry. We promise: short project durations, tailor-made solutions and sustainability.
Our sustainable packaging solutions for the automotive industry and its suppliers meet the highest demands for internal logistics, both for external truck transport and overseas transport. We develop packaging concepts for the shipment of components and assemblies, e.g. as SLC, LLC, SLC or CKD (Completely Knocked Down) packaging. We offer you individual solutions or standardized concepts, tailored to your requirements.
Through our certification according to IATF 16949:2016 we understand and live the requirements of the automotive industry and its suppliers.
ADVANTAGES OF LOAD CARRIERS IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY:
– Visual control during placement
– Safe transport and better storage
– Higher component volume on the production line
– Returnable packaging is sustainable
BEST PRACTICE EXAMPLE: NEW PROJECT OF AN AUTOMOBILE MANUFACTURER AND OEM SUPPLIER
For seals with retainers of a new series, new reusable packaging or load carriers are required. The requirements were based on empirical values from previous series:
EXISTING LOAD CARRIER
– Seal with retainer in upright position
– Retainer stored at the bottom
– Slight loss of inlays and components
– Joining of the brackets
– Damage to the seals
– Unwieldy placement and removal of components
– Voluminous charge carriers with a small number of seals
– 7 seals per load carrier
– 6 load carriers per pallet
– 18 load carriers per load unit
REQUIREMENT FOR NEW PROJECT
– Existing load carriers (customer-specific, internal reusable system) are to be equipped with inlays
– If possible, the seals should be positioned horizontally and the retainers visible
– Inlays and components must not be lost
– Components must not touch each other
– Improved removal of the seals
– Improved storage and transport
– Higher packing density in the load carrier
– Higher packing density on stanchion pallet
– Higher packing density per load unit
The creative minds at WETROPA soon realized: with the 3rd dimension we can achieve more!
After a short time, the first prototypes followed and after some fine tuning it was ready -
THE NEW LOAD CARRIER FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY!
An inlay is clipped into the customer-specific load carrier. This snaps firmly into place, is thus protected against loss and can still be easily replaced. The bottom of the inlay consists of a hollow chamber plate. On top of this are moulded parts made of PE foam, which serve to hold the components. And this is where the additional dimension comes into play: these are manufactured in 2½-D to 3D and precisely reproduce the contours of the lying components! Nothing gets out of line here!
Perfect solution: horizontal transport of the gaskets, the retainers are visible and nobody can get lost, they do not bump against each other, easier removal at the production line.
Further advantages of the new load carrier for the automotive industry:
- height to existing load carrier was reduced by 40 %
- visual control when loading, whether clip is missing
- 9 seals per inlay / 10 load carriers per pallet
- safe transport and better storage of the seals
- higher component volume on the belt
THE OPTIMISATION EXPRESSED IN NUMBERS